Turn Order and Actions
- All players simultaneously select a Gear
- Shifting up or down 2 gears costs 1 heat
- All players (face down) Play a number of cards equal to the gear they're in.
The Following steps occur in player order based on who's leading, to the last place car.
- MOVE your car the number of spaces matching the total speed of all your cards.
- If you played any stress cards resolve them now by flipping up cards from your draw pile until you get a speed card.
- You must move the full amount.
- If you started this turn in last, you MAY
- Increase your speed by 1 (move one extra space)
- Cool Down one heat from your hand, returning it to your engine
- You may:
- Cool down one if you are in 2nd gear
- Cool down three if you are in 1st gear
- Boost by paying one heat (move the heat from your engine to the discard, draw from your draw pile until you reveal a speed card. Move that amount and add it to your total speed.
- If you are now beside or behind a car you may slipstream ahead by 2 (plus any modifiers).
- This does NOT increase your total speed.
- You can not slipstream across or after the finish line.
- Compare your total speed from steps 3, 4 and 5 to the corner speed.
- If your total is more than the corner speed, pay that amount in heat by moving it from your engine to the discard pile.
- If you don't have enough heat, see Spinning Out, below
- If this is a press corner:
- Gain a sponsor card if you exceeded the corner speed by 2
- Gain a sponsor card if you used slipstream to cross the corner line
- (Take a max of one sponsor cards per corner)
- Optionally discard cards from your hand
- You can not discard heat, stress, or any card with the "no discard" icon
- Draw back up to 7 cards
Play passes to the next player.
When all players have moved, a new round begins.